Lithium-ion forklift battery cost vs lead acid battery and whether it’s a good option for your electric tractionForklift Battery Supplier
Lithium-ion forklift battery cost vs lead acid battery and whether it’s a good option for your electric traction
productivity and efficiency are some of the most important factors, and they help with the success of any company. Every company wants to do more in the shortest time possible to enjoy some competitive edge. Lithium-ion batteries can be a great choice for multi-shift applications like food processing since they improve productivity and reduce labor-related costs.
Applications that benefit from these batteries include food processing, manufacturing, and 3PL. Any material handling operation that runs through the day also benefits from embracing lithium-ion technology. For the various operations, the batteries can repay their initial costs quickly. If you deal with cold environments, you can also benefit from lithium-ion batteries. The batteries can be easily charged even in cold temperatures such as in freezers while still maintaining their capacity.
Lithium-ion forklift battery cost is around 3 times more than a lead-acid battery. This means that a battery can cost anywhere between 17-20k dollars. This is a very high price that has to be paid upfront. However, operating the lithium-ion battery is still a good option because you can enjoy savings in the following areas with its operation.
• Energy bills: lithium-ion batteries are very energy efficient compared to other batteries. They also charge very fast which adds to their energy efficiency. It takes around 8 times less than charging lead-acid batteries.
• Durability: the other thing that makes lithium-ion batteries such a good choice is their durability. These batteries last a longer time than their lead-acid counterparts. This means that you will not have to replace them that often. This justifies the initial cost. By choosing a well-made lithium-ion battery, you are doing yourself a great favor in the end.
• Downtime: one of the things you have probably noticed with the cheaper lead-acid batteries is that they have lots of downtimes. You need to stop operations and swap them with others that have already been charged. With lithium-ion, this is not the case. You can opportunity charge the battery when you are taking a break without compromising its quality or lifespan.
• Labor costs: lithium-ion forklift battery cost is made a small matter when you consider that you will not have to part with any more labor costs during the battery’s useful life. The batteries don’t need any watering or maintenance like lead-acid batteries. Lead-acid battery owners need to find someone to care for them and water them to maintain proper balance. This means more labor costs regardless of the low initial cost.
• Productivity: Productivity for lithium-ion batteries is much better. You can enjoy a longer run time. The productivity of these batteries remains constant and does not decline as discharging occurs. This is not the case with the lead-acid option, where performance dwindles as the battery loses charge.
• Safety: when using lithium-ion batteries, no harmful fumes are released, such as carbon dioxide. The risk of acid spills is also nonexistent. This means you are safe to use the batteries, and the environment is safe. This is one of the considerations that need to be considered before you pick the right battery for your operations.
For more about lithium-ion forklift battery cost vs lead acid battery and whether it’s a good option for your electric traction,you can pay a visit to forklift battery manufacturer at https://www.forkliftbatterymanufacturer.com/lithium-ion-vs-lead-acid/ for more info.