Everything you need to know about electric forklift batteriesForklift Battery Supplier
Everything you need to know about electric forklift batteries
The electric forklift battery has been used to create new efficiencies in forklift machines. This means that they are here to stay. However, if we were to maximize their usage, we should know some basic facts about them.
Everything you need to know about electric forklift batteries
What is a lithium battery?
A lithium battery is the type of battery that depends on the lithium-ion for the storage of energy. It can store energy by producing an electrical P.D (potential difference) between the positive and negative terminals of the electric battery. These are the two main sides of the battery and they are partitioned by a layer of insulation called the “separator.”
The most common types of lithium batteries
When come to electric forklift batteries, there are different types. The most common types of lithium electric batteries used today are:
- Lithium Iron Phosphate: The LFB lithium batteries have their cathodes as phosphate while its anode is a graphitic electrode made of carbon. They are used in applications that need a lot of power and are rated to have over 2,000 cycles.
- Lithium cobalt oxide: The LCO batteries produce high specific energy but do not produce enough specific power. They are not suitable for applications that require high loading. They can be used for cameras, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and so on.
- Lithium Manganese Oxide: The LMO batteries have their cathodes as lithium manganese oxide. This battery is known for its safety and thermal stability. They are suitable for use with hybrid electric vehicles, medical instruments, and power tools.
- Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide: The NMC batteries combine three special elements for use as the cathode: cobalt, manganese, and nickel. The battery combines all three elements to produce maximum specific energy. NMC batteries have a similar application to LMO batteries. They can be used in scooters, electronic bikes, forklifts, and certain electric vehicles
- Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide: The NCA batteries are the types of lithium power packs you need for a good specific power/specific energy and an extended life cycle. They can produce current for a very long time. They are useful for forklifts electric vehicles, and other high-power mobility systems. Tesla, the electric vehicle maker uses NCA for all its products.
- Lithium Titanate: The LTO electric forklift batteries have a very special chemical makeup when it comes to their cathodes. They use either NMC or LMO as their cathodes. For their anodes, they use Lithium Titanate. The battery has very good durability and is extremely safe to use. LTO batteries are used in charging stations for electric cars, electric vehicles, forklifts, uninterrupted power supply systems, solar and wind energy storage, telecommunications systems, military, and aerospace equipment.
The seven most important reasons to use electric forklift batteries
You have tried using various other forklift batteries with different mechanisms and saw the outcome. Why don’t you give the electric forklift batteries a try? These seven salient reasons will convince you. The highlights of the forklift batteries include:
- Savings on energy bills: If you use lithium forklift batteries, they are energy-efficient. They charge at an accelerated rate in comparison to lead-acid batteries. This leads to considerable savings in money and time.
- Equipment durability: Lithium batteries are more durable than conventional lead-acid batteries. This will enhance your productivity levels because they last four times more than lead-acid batteries.
- Minimal downtime: Lithium batteries do not need to be exchanged to charge fully. They can be charged at any given opportunity.
- Minimal cost of labour: Lithium batteries will drastically reduce your labour costs since they do not undergo maintenance procedures like equalizing or watering.
- Enhanced productivity: Forklifts powered with lithium batteries do not suffer s performance decline. This guarantees longer running times.
- A minimal impact on the environment: Lithium batteries never emit any gases or chemicals. They are eco-friendly and do not pose a threat to the health of workers.
- Small form factor: Lithium batteries do not claim excess storage spaces. This means that they do not need extra room for charging.
Buying a lithium battery: Things to consider
- Power needed: if you are going to be buying a lithium battery for your forklift, you will first have to estimate the total power needed by the equipment. This will enable make the right choice.
- Charging rates: Check how fast the battery charges. Fast-charging lithium batteries help you meet important productivity levels.
- Temperature range of operation: Lithium batteries have different temperatures at which they operate. Ensure that you buy the right battery based on the prevailing temperature around your work environment.
- Expiry date: All batteries expire. You should check all dates of expiration before you buy lithium batteries. High-quality batteries have longer durability.
Lithium battery maintenance: Important tips
Lithium batteries are very fragile and delicate. This means that they should be handled based on manufacturers’ recommendations. Special tips for handling the batteries are:
- They shouldn’t be overcharged.
- They should not be deeply discharged.
- Use compatible battery chargers with your lithium batteries.
- They should be handled carefully.
- They should be protected from heat, fire, and water.
Some basic facts about the lithium-ion battery
- Forklift batteries are usually produced with lightweight materials. However, they still feel heavy. This means that they should be handled with care.
- If you were to lift a heavy forklift battery, the right lifting equipment (overhead hoist or a lifting beam) should be used to lift the battery.
- It is always important for the forklift batteries to be maintained properly. This is means that it is mandatory for you to properly maintain your forklift batteries.
- While trying to charge your forklift battery, it is important that you ensure that you establish compatibility between the battery voltage and the charger.
- Whenever you are using the forklift battery, you should remember to charge it at a specific DOD. This means that you should try to recharge your batteries whenever the DOD gets to between 20% and 30%.
For more about everything you need to know about electric forklift batteries,you can pay a visit to JB Battery China at https://www.forkliftbatterymanufacturer.com/electric-forklift-battery/ for more info.